Friday, January 11, 2008

Under His Drill

After weeks of hesitation, I finally got myself under the dentist's drill today. I always dread seeing a dentist. No, dentists dont scare me, it's the procedure that they do on their patients. Two things contributed to my "dentophobia". First is my father who openly displayed his own "dentophobia" when I was growing up. Second was when I saw a classmate in elementary suffered from extreme pain when the dentist, who was there to give free dental services in our school, tried to yank his tooth out. I grew up thinking that dentists are like monsters. That's why everytime I go to the dentist I'm always very nervous.

My dental experience today wasnt bad, except that I have a jaw joint problem and I worried I'd get a locked jaw after keeping my mouth wide open for a long time. My dentist did a filling in two of my molars. The procedure was totally painless so I was really happy. But my dentist isnt done with me yet because I still have 2 more cavities that he needs to take care of. I'm going back on Monday to have more fillings. Last would be a surgical extraction which really is the very thing that scares me the most. I want to get my teeth problem over and done with because it's been bothering me for quite some time now. I only have 2 choices -- to have my teeth fixed now or suffer from pain and eventually lose more teeth.
.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home