Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Marc Meets His Dentist

After 8 years Marc finally found himself in a dental chair last Friday. It was his first dental appointment ever. Unlike other kids who are horrified just at the mention of the word dentist, my son was excited. I did a lot of positive pre conditioning on him though and I did a good job on this.

He's been occasioanally bothered by a toothache for the past few months. I kinda waited for it to naturally come off just like his other baby teeth but this one is different. I really thought he was going to have an extraction that day. Instead the dentist did a filling in his cavity to protect the permanent tooth next to it.

I was just proud of him for being brave. He didnt seem to be intimidated by the different strange looking dental equipment. He got a little scared by the syringe when the dentist was going to give him anaesthesia but the dentist was really nice and gently assuring it wont hurt.

All in all, I'm very happy that Marc's first dental experience was a pleasant one. He's even looking forward to his next appointmet. And it also helped Marielle to feel comfortable, since she also saw the entire procedure done on Marc. Now she's also excited about her own first dental appointment ever next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home