Monday, November 12, 2007

Of Kris Aquino

I was watching "Boy and Kris" one afternoon. Marc was on the other end of the couch doodling his all-time favorite cartoon character, Naruto.

Without looking at the TV and just hearing Kris talking in her trademark accent and high pitch tone, Marc asked, "Is that girl crazy, Ma?"

"No, she's a famous celebrity and talk show host in the Philippines," I said.

"Well, all she does is shriek, her voice is hurting my ears ...I mean, seriously. I better go to my room." And off Marc went.


It's true sometimes Kris' voice can be annoying and she talks so maarte. Remember, when she made tusok-tusok the fishball? In fairness, this woman who I think is maarte confessed that fishball is a favorite of hers.
Sorry to her die-hard fans. I like her naman e. For why else do I watch her show?

The Wicker Man- A Huge Bummer
This movie doesnt even deserve a rating. I saw it last night on TV. I should have taken time to check a review about this film before spending my precious 2 hours on it. I like Nicolas Cage because he's a very effective actor but in this film he was pathetic. I dont know why he had to do this after his really great movies, like "Face Off" "The Rock" and "City of Angels". Kate Beahan as Sister Willow looked really crazy, alright. She got that right. She got me confused. If that was her goal, she was so good at it. If there was any good thing I got from watching this movie, it was the cuddle time with Dean who however, kept saying "you really like weird movies!"
.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home