Friday, December 28, 2007

The Christmas That Was

Christmas day came and went. Nothing really grand happened. We attended the Chirstmas Eve service in church from 6 to 7 pm. When we got home I was back to the kitchen. I roasted one whole chicken which was already done before we left for church. All I had to do was make mashed potato and gravy. I also made Caesar Salad. I wanted to make gooey brownies for dessert but I was too tired to do it especially after the kids and I made sugar cookies. We had our dinner around 8:30. After that we watched the old black and white movie, "It's A Wonderful Life." We opened our presents around 11:30. That's it. Then we went to bed. Christmas day, we stayed home and did nothing but play board games and eat.

For the New Year's eve, I plan to prepare more food. I'll make roasted caldereta ribs, morcon, sizzling gambas, leche flan and pansit. I wish I could find fresh buko here in the States so I can make buko salad. I will make a sugar-free dessert for Dean too. My mouth is watering just as I'm mentioning these foods here. Anyways, advance Happy New Year everyone!
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home