Friday, September 16, 2005

Till We Meet Again, Katie

I just read Katie's latest email telling me her sister, Charity gave birth to a healthy baby boy last Wednesday. Praise GOD for that! I'm happy Katie has been keeping in touch with me now that she's in Tennessee to finish college. I miss that girl. She worked for Dean long before I came to the States. While Dean and I kept our long distance relationship going by talking on the phone at least twice everyday (my husband is not a letter/email person), Katie was just one of the people who listened to my husband everytime he would happily talk or brag (pinagmamalaki niya ako) about me.

I remember the first day my husband took me to his store and introduced me to his workers. And me being eternally shy and insecure about myself was so nervous. I'm always worried about what other people might think about me. I immediately noticed Katie was the only girl among Dean's 5 workers. But she was dressed just like the boys! ... so rugged (LOL! ) but in fairness to her, her pretty face and friendly smile defeated whatever she was clad in that day. I was comfortable with her right away and soon we became friends. I think for a while she thought I'm stuck up. Most people think I am, you know. What they dont know is that I'm in constant battle with my own insecurities and fears. I know hiding inside my shell most of the time is not good. I admit I'm anti-social. I find joy in my solitude. I always keep a low profile -- never like to be stared at or talked about. I know ... you think I'm the weirdest of all the weirdos in the whole wide world. But hey, I can be spunky too sometimes.

Anyway, (I'm sorry for rambling about my weirdness) my husband always told me Katie's a beautiful person inside and out and it's true. Whoever she marries will be very blessed. At 20, she's ready to get married and start a family although in my opinion she's too young for that. I kidded her one day, "you know Kate you're still young, why dont you wait til you're 30?". And she laughed and said, "no way!". Translation: "Are you crazy??!! I cant wait that long. I want to have babies now!" (Katie when you read this please dont be mad at me.).

Now that Katie's gone nobody takes me to Wal-Mart anymore to buy groceries. She also used to pick up the kids in school. Just like the song that goes ..."nothing is so good that last eternally, perfect situation must go wrong..." but one good thing that I know will always remain is my friendship with her. And I thank her for that.

It wont be long she'll be back in town with a diploma in her hand and I'm sure she wont be working for Dean anymore and do all those odd jobs -- painting, vacuuming, cleaning the pool, etc. Mind you, this girl can do just anything. Well, let's wait and see what the future has in store for Katie.

To Ms. Knickerbocker, thanks a whole lot for everything. May the LORD grant the desires of your heart. You deserve the best in life. I know you are a sweet good girl. Just stay as you are and till we meet again!

1 Comments:

  • At October 18, 2005 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Au! Wow that was funny! Thankyou for all the kind things you said. Glad to see you had a good time in NY. So how long does marc have to go til he gets a play stations game? WEll I am in this cute coffee shop here in the town and it has free wireless network. it's a big hangout for the college kids. WEll I've made some new friends. My job here is an on campus job that I watch Academy kids til their parents pick them up. So I like take care of 20 to 30 kids for a couple hours just keeping them busy and stuff. it is pretty fun and they are good kids. Well whenever Lori sends me pictures of my nephew Tommy I will send one to ya. I hear he is really cute but of course i knew he would be because after all he is MY NEPHEW!.

    Oh happy belated birthday! Wow 35! You are still a young chick! WEll I gotta go now. ttyl. Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home