Thursday, September 06, 2007

What's Behind My Name?

I cant think of a better title for this post. This is not just about my name. Tess has tagged me with this set of questions which I had fun answering. I like telling people about the trivial things about me. The same way that I enjoy learning the interesting little facts of someone else's life. They seem to be useless but funny and usually brings back good memories.

1. FIRST NAME? Ma. Fe Aurora

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, I was named after Aurora Pijuan who won the Ms. International crown in 1970, the year I was born.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last week when I watched “Notting Hill” particularly the scene towards the end of the movie where Julia Roberts was interviewed by Hugh Grant who pretended as one of the press people. Anyone who has seen the movie knows what I’m talking about.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? When I was in high school my classmates admired my penmanship. They always liked me to write on the board for the teachers. A month ago I met a classmate through namesdatabase.com. I never heard from him for almost 20 years so I asked him if he still remembered me and he went, “of course I know you, Au-au, the one who had the most beautiful penmanship in high school.” I guess I really do have a nice handwriting. So, yes I like my handwriting.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I don't like lunchmeat. I prefer fresh meat.

6. KIDS? 1 son, 1 daughter

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes, of course even if I am aloof and quiet. Most of the time people think I’m a snub but once you know me better I can be a really good, reliable and trustworthy friend.

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not a lot. Sometimes I can be a real bitch and I use sarcasm that can even make the person cry.

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Never. I cringe even at the thought of it.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don’t like cereals.

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? All my shoes are slip-ons except this one pair of sneakers that I seldom use. And even that, I don’t untie them when taking them off. Lazy me.

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I’d rather say my faith in GOD is stronger now. And my strength comes from Him. I know whatever happens, whether I’m happy or I’m in my lowest moment He is with me because my life is in His hands.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Rocky road. I like my ice cream nutty, same with my chocolate bar.

16. SHOE SIZE? 8 ½" - 9"

17. RED OR PINK? Pink

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I have a lot of insecurities. One of my greatest fears is rejection that's why it takes long before I feel comfortable with somebody.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss my Grannie.

20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? No need.

21. WHAT COLOR OF PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I’m wearing white pants and flip-flop.

22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Lumpiang shanghai (spring rolls).

23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? I’m hearing the sounds of the TV and the aircon.

24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? I'd be anything pastel.

25. FAVORITE SMELL? I love the fresh-from-the-shower smell.

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The girl in Desoto school district office. I called to get an appointment for finger printing as a requirement for my sub-teaching job.

27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes.

28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Of course!

29. FAVORITE DRINK/s? Water and coffee.

30. FAVORITE SPORT/s? None.

31. EYE COLOR? Dark brown.

32. HAT SIZE? I don’t wear hats.

33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I wear glasses, not contacts.

34. FAVORITE FOOD? I’m a foodie, anything palatable to me is my favorite.

35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? I like feel-good movies. I also like psycho-thriller kind of scary movie, not the zombie or monster type.

36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? “Da Vinci Code.”

37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Pink

38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter in Florida is nice. It can get super cold but without the snow.

39. HUGS OR KISSES? Both.

40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cheesecake, chocolate cake, leche flan, ice cream

41. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? I’m not a book reader but I love to read. I read magazines. I have a Reader’s Digest subscription.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? “Sa Piling Mo” on TFC.

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Music wise, I like the smooth and mellow sound. I also like to hear my kids’ voices. Now that they’re back to school the house is awefully quiet in the morning and I miss them. I also like the sound of nature like the waters in the brook or ocean, the chirping birds, the wind rustling the leaves of the trees, etc.

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? I don’t care for either of the two because I was too young to appreciate their music.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? My home now is here in Florida with my husband and kids so I haven’t been away from home so far.

46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I wish I can say singing. I don’t know if I have any.

47. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? So. Leyte, Sep 3 1970.

48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? The amiable Mrs. Teresa Tippett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home