Saturday, September 08, 2007

Keeping Up in the Fast Paced Freeway

It's been a little over a month since we've moved to SC. As expected I've been so busy getting the house in order. Unpacking the boxes was just as frustrating, tedious and tiring as packing them. We just have too much stuff not to mention that we actually got rid some of them in a yard sale a week before we left Arcadia. I always say that Dean is some kind of a "collector" of house stuff. It's unlikely for a man to do that, isnt it? But I guess it's the businessman in him that makes him that way. He acquires things, uses them, gets tired of them, stores them away and then sells them.


The house has taken form finally although not totally. We're still working on it. It has been painstakingly slow because believe or not this is the fifth time we changed our residential address in the 2 years that I've been in the States. Well, a little longer than that. But the point is if you ask who are the most itinerant people there is at the moment, that's us. Moving is not fun. In fact the third time we moved I kept most of our stuff in their boxes and put them in the storage. There's just no sense in taking them all out only to box them up again.


Now that we're in SC, Dean told me we might stay where we're at for at least 2 years. And I could only heave a sigh of relief when I heard that. He better be serious about that. I kind of threatened him that if he tells me that we're moving AGAIN, I would divorce him. Of course, I didnt mean that but he knew what I really meant. There's no way I'm gonna leave my husband who loves me and best of all loves my kids like his own. He knows that the best way to love me is to love my kids. How sweet. That's just one of the things that has really endeared him to me.


Anyway, there's been a lot of big changes when we moved two states up from Florida. The biggest of them is the fact that we're in an overwhelmingly big city. Well at least for me especially if I compare it to the very tiny city of Arcadia which I easily categorize as an un-urban place because you cant even spot it on the map. There dining out means driving 30 -45 minutes, no kidding. But Arcadia will always be a part of me. It's my first home in the US. I have a lot of good memories there. And I would surely miss the slow pace of life there.

Another big change is that I'm gonna have to constantly drive on a very busy road with a more complicated traffic situation. Worse than that, I had to conquer my fear of driving on a fast and furious freeway called I-26. I did that once so far and really prayer is powerful. I said, "Jesus, take the wheel, take it from my hand 'cause I can't do this on my own ..." I literally sang Carrie Underwood's song as I sped 65 mph on the interstate. I got to my destination and back safe and sound. Praise God.

I'm really getting carried away with this post. There's just so many things to share and I'll write more soon.

Have a happy weekend.


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home