Friday, September 23, 2005

Marielle Shows and Tells

Today I went to the school to watch Marielle do her show-and-tell. It was a graded class participation which my daughter did with flying colors. She talked about "Being Home". She first told her classmates what country she came from. Then she shared that there are people back in the Philippines that she misses and lastly she said she's happy in her new home. She ended her piece with "... cause for me home is where my Mama, Papa and my brother are. Thank you." Her teacher, Mrs. Gilmore said she did an excellent job and the whole class gave her a resounding fire cracker applause.

Last night we all attended the Parents Night. It's like an open house where parents and kids meet with the teachers and they talk about what they actually do in class. And, it's also the chance for parents to ask how their kids have been doing academically. I was happy to hear from Mrs. Gilmore that my daughter is one of her best students and top readers. I wasnt surprised to know that though because her first grade teacher told me the same thing. That really makes me proud of her. Well, it's a genetic thing, you know. Hahaha!! (yabang no? pagbigyan niyo na lang ako siempre anak ko e.)



"This is the map of the Philippines which is thousands of miles away from America. This is where I came from. I was born in Manila."









"I miss my family back home especially my Grannie, Lolo, Lala and my cousin Michael. I also miss my friends ..."








Marielle in front of her classmates.








This is when she answered questions from her classmates like,"what is Lolo?", "Where is the Philippines?", etc.










This chart shows Marielle as the line leader in her class like when they go to the cafeteria or library. It's her job to make sure none of her classmates messes up the line.









Marielle earns cheers for all A's and B's at first nine weeks mid-term. Kudos to her! Hope she'd keep up the good work or make it even better.


2 Comments:

  • At September 25, 2005 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi, au. this is nice. and u'r good, huh! seems like marielle is better at speaking in front of people. cudn't have cum from you. nyway, am really to know how you're all doing there. still looking forward to meeting dean.

     
  • At September 26, 2005 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like this entry, I know your daughter is good when I talked to her the first time. I'm still working on my blog. Gee, I never thought it's harder than I thought. Talk to you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home