Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Rush

Exactly 4 days before Christmas as of this writing. I'm pretty sure everyone's busy preparing
for the big day. Some may have started wrapping up presents for their loved ones or shopping late like us and getting caught in the Christmas rush.

We hit the mall last Saturday and seeing it packed for the first time was a big surprise to me. Suddenly I felt like I was in Ayala Mall which is constantly, and I mean everyday/night, full of people. Pinoys just love to go malling whether they're there to shop, dine, stroll around or go "eye-balling" with their textmates. The malls seem to be one of Filipinos' favorite hang-outs. Mababaw talaga ang kaligayan ng mga Pinoy. Kahit walang pera basta makapasyal lang at makapagpalamig sa mga air-conditioned malls ay okay na. I admit I used to be a fixture particularly in Glorietta movie theatres where I would watch a movie every weekend! Those days are gone, sniff...sniff...sniff.

Anyway, I started gift-wrapping today and finished twenty of them. I think I'm down to 15 more. Believe me, this job is not fun at all. Dean believes Christmas is for children so we bought tons of presents for Marielle and Marc. Now that the kids see their presents underneath the tree they cant wait for Christmas to come so they can open them up.

We went to the mall one last time today to buy more gift items. I finally got Dean something -- a king size nice and warm blanket. I think I know what he got for me ... but I'm not telling :) Then just as we were coming out the mall we saw this "Photo-opp with Santa" thing. Since Dean wants my kids' first Christmas in the States truly memorable he let them have a picture with Santa. Too bad I didnt get the chance to ask him how his trip was from the North Pole.

Before I go may I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Remember JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON. God bless you all!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

3 Comments:

  • At December 21, 2005 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree, christmas is really for children. Merry Christmas and a blessed new year to you and the family! Enjoy shopping!

     
  • At December 22, 2005 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Au, wow mora jud mo ug nag enjoy sa inyong shopping da. ug imong kids nag enjoy sab ug picture taking kay Santa. Tinuod jud ka nga gamay ra jud ang kalipay sa mga pinoy bisan ug walay kuarta basta maka suroy lang. Asa man inyo sa Cebu?

    Salamta diay Au sa imong pagbisita sa akong journal bisan ug walay tagbalay unsaon busy man ni si manay. I really appreciate sa imong mga sweet msgs. Segi Au balik lang nya ko kay i am going to sleep na. Take care.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you got 2 wonderful and beautiful kids. i'm sure they'll enjoy their first Christmas in USA. Merry Christmas to your whole family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home