Thursday, October 06, 2005

Bring on the Rain!

Today's gloomy. The clouds are so dark and it's a bit chilly outside. The weather channel reported that it's gonna rain the whole day today but I'm still waiting for the downpour ... heavy downpour. I'm a rain fanatic. Talk about being odd again but I just love the sound of the rain. I love to play in the rain but only if it's not too cold. Rain makes me nostalgic, I dont know why. But I can say there were significant events in my life that happened on a rainy day. Some of those moments were sad and some were happy. Sometimes I get too sentimental that I find myself crying but I feel good afterwards. So I guess that's it... I love rain because it makes me cry.

One other thing about the rain, which I know is very true with a lot of my kababayans -- it boosts my appetite especially for tuyo, sardinas, or whatever I fancy. I'm glad that Dean took me to an oriental store in Port Charlotte last weekend where I bought Ligo sardines, dried fish and dried pusit. And I made sure I have 1-month supply of alamang, Datu Puti patis, toyo and suka. I also bought a bunch of talbos ng kamote. I planted its stalks in the backyard and hopefully they'll grow aplenty.

So for lunch, I had tuyo which I made sawsaw in suka with tomatoes and onion with matching kamay. Good thing Dean wasnt home when I fried the tuyo while its aroma was all throughout the house or else he'd holler at me again like, "what on earth are you cooking???!!. That's what he said when I made a binagoongang baboy one day. Obviously, the exhaust fan didnt do a good job.

Right now, it's already raining hard. And APO's "pumapatak na naman ang ulan sa bubong ng bahay" is playing. Perfect timing. I'll soon go and stay in the porch to watch and "listen to the rhythm of the falling rain"...see now I cant help singing songs about the rain. I'll try not to sing Donna Cruz' "rain gently falls whenever you said goodbye... rain follows me even in my bed..." because that would mean I'd be reminiscing past relationships that ended sour or bitter, lol!

3 Comments:

  • At October 07, 2005 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rain does change our mood. I dont like it when it rains because it make me less productive, it makes me feel lazy.

     
  • At October 07, 2005 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like rainy days, too. But it depends. On the one hand, it brings back happy memories of childhood . . . of tatay's smiling face as he walks bareheaded in the rain (a most cherished memory; a postcard from the past); of us just playing and dancing in the rain, arms outstretched towards the sky; of neighbors seeking refuge at our house on really bad stormy days, giving us kids opportunity to get together and play; of many beautiful "rain songs" regardless of how they make us feel; and of many other beautiful memories that see us through the "rainy days". Then, on the other hand, rain also brings unpleasant memories of water overflowing from the canal and flooding our house here in Cubao; and water pouring from the gutter cause the downpipe is clogged; and tonight water dripping from the ceiling where the rats play and pee and poo. Really yucky! You must be freaking out as I am . . . Still, despite these, we know that rain is a good thing. -=(",)=-

     
  • At October 07, 2005 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its also been raining over here. yesterday we were in the 80s and today was a sudden change to 50sF. i dont like rain, it affects my mood negatively, makes me feel lazy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home