Friday, December 16, 2005

Photos Talking

Wow, it's been over a month since my last post. Moving in our new house has taken so much of my time and energy that I could hardly get online and update my blog. I cant believe that until today I'm still busy unpacking and trying to get things in order. This task is taking forever! I get frustrated just by looking at those boxes and the mess while figuring out which things go to where. Grrrrrr! My only consolation is seeing things coming together though slowly. I know that soon enough our house will be nicer and homier.

Lately I've been getting emails from concerned people asking why I've never updated my blog for ages now. So I decided to really make time to do this. A lot of things happened since I last tinkered with my blog. I want to write them all down and make at least 5 or 6 chapters but I doubt if my readers have enough time for that. So..."if a picture paints a thousand words then why "...dont I just post some photos here and let them tell you how I've been or what I've been up to for the last many days.


My first Thanksgiving in USA. I didnt make the turkey but at least I helped by taking out the turkey juices which they used to make the gravy.







Dean and Rachel -- they were the people behind the delectable turkey that everyone feasted on during dinner. I tried to take a photo of the cooked turkey but Dean hurriedly cut it up.








Marielle joined the Christmas kiddie pageant. She didnt win but she got a tiara which was enough to put a smile on her face.











I did Marielle's hair and make-up. We couldnt just waste 30 dollars to have it done in a beauty salon. I did a pretty good job though, dont you think?










November 25, 2005 - One day after Thanksgiving Day Dean got the saddest news of his life from his sister in Corning, NY. His mom, Mary Shepard, 84 yrs. old passed away. Two weeks before that she fell off her bed and broke her hip. She underwent a hip surgery which went well but other health complications happened. I've always loved this photo of hers. You can easily say she was so beautiful in her budding years.








No one really knows when GOD would take our lives back. I'm just happy that I got to meet and know my late mom-in-law when we visited with her last September. This was taken at Denny's in Corning, NY.







At the cemetery with Dean's sisters, Bev and Pat and other members of the family.











The cemetery looks even more depressing on winter time. Dean and I went there one last time to see his parents' tombstones before heading back to Rochester.








We had the chance to see Larry and Tess again, this time at Outback in Rochester, NY. Babyback ribs for the Tippetts and steaks for the Shepards.









Tess and I saying cheese despite the freezing cold.










Our last day in NY. I was happy to witness a snowfall before going back home in the sunshine state of Florida.








Got more pics for you in my next post. Advance Merry Christmas to you all!

3 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2005 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Au- nice pics you have in here. Thanks for sharing them. I'm sorry to hear about mom-in-law, in her picture she is a sweetheart.

    Take care and you guys have a great weekend.

    Oh yeah- great job on her hair & make up. She's so pretty.

     
  • At December 19, 2005 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didnt know you went to new york. so sorry about your mother-in-law. i hope you're all doing ok.

     
  • At December 20, 2005 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Au, I am sory about your mother-in-law, she looks pretty on her picture.

    Na post din ni Tikya yung pagpunta nyo sa NY, ay nakakainggit din ang snow. Wala kaming snow dito.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home