Thursday, December 29, 2005

My First US Christmas

Christmas has just been over. My first taste of Christmas in the States was good but not as fun if I had spent it in the Philippines. Nothing beats the Paskong Pinoy which is much more colorful and festive. I missed listening to children singing carols at our house in exchange of a peso or two, looking at those brightly lit colorful Christmas lanterns or parol hanging almost everywhere, the noise of firecrackers and fireworks that normally becomes a roar at new year's eve, the Christmas songs you can hear on radio as early as September, the series of Christmas parties in the office, my family and relatives who I see only during holidays, and of course how can I forget the food...glorious food. Ang walang kamatayang spaghetti, pansit, biko, buko and fruit salad, maja, litson at marami pang iba. Naku ayan...I'm beginning to drool na.

Like I said my first Christmas in the States was good but celebrated differently. I guess it's just one of those changes in my life when I chose to live away from my country that I must learn to happily accept.

We had a party in our house on the 24th. It was almost like everyone came for the noche buena and that made me feel like home a little bit. The next day, a quiet Christmas dinner was shared by just the four of us --Dean, me and the kids. Sans the party noise, it was a perfect moment for us to reflect on the real essence of Christmas. It's all about Jesus. GOD gave us His only son, the most precious gift of all and it's for us to accept Him as our Lord and Savior or not.

Here are some Christmas pictures I wanna share...


Our Christmas tree and the tons of presents underneath and around it. The tree was simply adorned with garlands, lights, ornaments and the Christmas cards we received from friends and relatives.

Dec 24 - We had karaoke which was enjoyed by everybody who wanted to monopolize all the singing but Scott, Andrew, Marielle, Abby and Racheal managed to share the mike.

The very thing everyone especially the kids was waiting for -- the unwrapping of presents.


Marielle got what she wished for, a password journal.

Dec 25 - our Christmas dinner. I made deviled eggs, baked chicken, beef roast, biko and cassava cake.

Marc, Dean and Marielle.

Marc and yours trulili, Au.

And since it's 6 hours before the NEW YEAR 2006 as I'm about to publish this post, please join me in my countdown ... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

May you all have a blessed one!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home