Monday, January 09, 2006

My Ideal Lifetime Partner

I've been tagged by Tess to do this "assignment" where I need to mention 8 different points of a perfect lover. I know there's no such thing but everyone has his/her own set of qualities of an ideal partner especially if we're talking about marriage which means having a husband or wife who's supposed to be one's lifetime partner. Marriage is a lifetime commitment so for me, first of all, he must ...

- be a man who puts GOD first and above all else. If he does then everything else will fall into place because then he will:

- be able to establish headship in the family who is lovingly looked up to and respected by his wife and children.

- be responsible before GOD for his wife and children.

- love his wife consistently even in her imperfect state.

- be able to nourish her by being a good provider.

- cherish her by taking care of her, honor and respect her.

- always be there for her.

- study her to understand her.

- handle her with TLC (tender loving care).

Dean is not perfect. In fact he works hard and does his best to be a good husband. And neither is our marriage perfect but I'm happy that Dean's got the qualities or traits I mentioned. Our union gets tested and tormented by a lot of different issues but I feel blessed that we always manage to hang on to each other. We are currently facing a challenge that has made me cry for the last two days but like he told me this morning before he went to work, "What matters is we love each other. We just have to keep our love strong and not let anything or anyone break us apart." And that was enough to make me feel alright again.

(I wont be tagging my blogmates to do this because they've already been tagged by someone else.)

7 Comments:

  • At January 09, 2006 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for doing this assignment. You are indeed very lucky to have a husband like Dean. Larry and I strongly believe that Dean is really a very very NICE guy, he's just perfect! I wiah you both and your family the BEST for this year! God bless you!

     
  • At January 12, 2006 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you are lucky to have a wonderful husband. have a good day.

     
  • At January 12, 2006 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi au, it's true walang perfect lover or marriage but both can work on having a good relationship. sabi nga nila there's no such thing as adjjstment period sa marriage kasi for as long as with your spouse lagi kayo naga-adjust.

     
  • At January 16, 2006 8:11 AM, Blogger Raquel said…

    wow, what a mister perfect your man Au. Best wishes on your marriage.

     
  • At January 21, 2006 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Au, nicely done. Yes your hubby's right don't let anyone break you apart. I enjoy reading your perfect lover Au. Best wishes on your marriage. Have a great weekend.

     
  • At January 21, 2006 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello juz passing by for a read,you have a very nice journal here.tc and happy weekend.

     
  • At January 21, 2006 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello guys, I dont normally reply to comments right here but I noticed that's what everybody else is doing so I might as well follow suit. thank you all for spending some of your precious time to read my post and for the heartwarming thoughts you left. GOD bless you all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home