Friday, March 10, 2006

My Independence Day

March 6, 2006 marks the first day of my independence. I got my driver's license! Rejoice, rejoice and again I say rejoice! Those days when I felt like I was stuck in the house forever is over. No more waiting for Dean to take me "door-to-door". Things like shopping, visiting a friend, or taking the kids somewhere always had to depend on Dean's availability since he's busy running his business too.

Dean feels extremely happy and relieved as well. I cant blame him. He has a sleep problem and waking up untimely every morning just to take the kids to school was bad for him. I'm glad that he gets to sleep in now for as long as he wants. And I feel good about driving my kids to school. I've gone grocery shopping just by myself too and I feel excited and proud of myself everytime. I never thought I'd ever drive a car. It's just amazing. I cant help thinking about all the possibilities that await me now that I got my license.




Yours truly shows off her license and car key the day she passed the road test.











This is where I did the straight-in parking and it wasnt as easy as I thought at all. One must not even slightly touch any of these cones or else he gets points off. I failed at first but did it perfectly the second time I took the test.










Luke Knickerbocker - my trainer who I thanked many times for his patience and for being brave enough to let a novice like me take the driver's seat. He would always say a prayer before I drive off. Must be because he was afraid for his life but prayers do work!

1 Comments:

  • At March 12, 2006 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Au, congrats to you! Drive around unya ko ha! Hehehe! Pariho ta ug na feel sa bag-o pako nag drive. Feeling nako na I can do things by myself na. ~_^

     

Post a Comment

<< Home