Friday, October 19, 2007

Thanks for the Prayers

My friend Tess Parkyn shared with me a great news she received yesterday. She has been feeling weird for the past few weeks and I kept telling her she could be infanticipating. Finally, her doctor confirmed that she is pregnant. What a blessing indeed. Congrats to the Parkyns! And Tess, thank you for the friendship and for the prayers.

I got a text message from my father and knowing what I'd been through he shared this passage from Habakkuk 3:17-18 ... "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior." Thank you Tay for the prayers and the encouragement. They really help a lot!

Here's another uplifting song that I've been singing lately. This song is so real to me and I just praise and thank God for everyone who on some nights had me in their hearts and prayed for me. I pray that the Lord bless you all immeasurably.

Somebody's Praying Me Through
Pressing over me like a big blue sky
I know someone has me on their heart tonight
That’s why I know it’s gonna be alright
‘Cause somebody’s praying me through
Somebody’s praying me through
It may be my Mother, it might be my Dad
Or an old friend I’ve forgot I had
But whoever it is I’m so glad that
Somebody’s praying me through
Somebody’s praying me through
Through the tears, through the rain
Through the sorrow, through the pain
It keeps bringing me through
Over and over again
So when you’re drowning in a sea of hurt
And it feels like life couldn’t get any worse
There’s a blessing waiting to push back the curse
Cause somebody’s praying you through
‘Somebody’s praying you through
Someone got down on their knees and prayed for me
Somebody’s, somebody’s praying you through
.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home