Wednesday, October 31, 2007

He Says Im Weird

Dean says I'm weird but he means it in jest. He says I'm amusingly weird actually. Some of the things that I do are typical Pinoy routines or habits. And because they're unusual to him, he thinks it's weird. Some are my personal habits or actuations that I dont think I can ever shake off my system and for this I can say maybe I really am weird, or should I say, different. Here are some of the weird things about me according to my husband:

1. I have tons of black undies. This started when I decided to wear only black underwear when I have my period. I just got tired of washing stained underwear. It would have been easy if I could find my favorite laundry soap Perla somewhere in America so I can make babad. Since then, I kinda became fascinated with black or dark colored undies.

2. I can step out of the house with wet hair. Many times, I leave the house to go to church or to the store with my hair which he describes as "still dripping wet." I told him that I did this all the time in the Philippines. I went to work with wet hair and it's ok, at least people knew I take shower everyday!

3. I cant leave the house without taking shower first. This annoys him actually especially when we're in a hurry and I'd say "let me take a quick shower first." This is because I dont like putting on clean clothes if my body is not clean. I dont necessarily have to wash my hair each time. The important thing is I've washed up. And when I say quick I really mean quick, like 3-5 minutes and no hair wash.

4. I still use tabo when I do my most sacred thing in the bathroom. Until now, he's still amazed by this fact and wondering how I manage to do it without wetting the floor, lol! I told him, "why dont you watch me one time so you'll find out and maybe learn to do it too." At least I'm environment-friendly. Those "paperwork" costs a lot of trees.

5. I use walis tambo and walis tingting . I bought these brooms in Florida. The first time Dean saw the broomstick, he jokingly asked, "are you gonna ride that?" Ginawa pa akong witch. And he thought I wont take them with me when we moved to South Carolina. Well, sorry na lang, they're my reliable helpers when I clean the house.

6. Newly washed clothes linger on the couch or chair. I'm so bad with this, I admit. After I do laundry, I take the dried clothes to the living room so I can watch TV while folding them up. And I dont know why, those piles of clothes stay there for like 1-2 days. Sometimes Dean hollers for a shirt or whatever and I'd say, it's in the living room. Then he goes, "did we move our dresser to the living room?" Uhm, not really.

7. I wash dishes as I go along. Meaning, I dont do it the American way where they fill up one sink with warm water and soap, put all the dirty dishes and utensils in there, and so on and so forth. What I do is pour dishwashing soap in a bowl, add some water, dunk the scrub, and work on the dirty dishes and rinse them. We do have a dishwasher which I very seldom use because I'm never satisfied with the result.

8. I only use the plate warmer (heated dry on) function of our dishwasher. This is actually connected to no.8. After rinsing the dishes clean, I put them in the dishwasher. It's not to make them super duper clean by washing them again using the machine. See, I have a small kitchen and to put a tray for dishes on the counter would just clutter up more the area which I dont like. So, why not use the plate warmer function of the dishwasher? The good thing about it, since they are heated, I'm assured of cleaner and more sanitized dishes.

9. I cover and leave food on the table. This is a big no-no to Dean and he gets upset when he sees food left on the table for hours. He said Americans dont do this because they believe it takes only a few minutes for bacteria to grow in the food and spoil it. I told him this is what we do in the Philippines. Unless it's visibly spoiled or smells like it, it's still ok to eat it, lol! I still leave covered food on the table but only my food, NOT HIS or else, magtago na ako.

10. I mute the TV when the scene gets scary. I like suspense thriller movies and watching it with Dean is a problem sometimes. Dean likes his TV REALLY loud so imagine when suddenly he doesnt hear anything just when story gets interesting because I turned the volume off. This is because the music and sound effects being played are the ones that make it really scary. What he does is he grabs the remote before I could mute it and I just have to cover my ears.



.

2 Comments:

  • At November 01, 2007 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i guess lahat tayo may weirdness in our own way, lol! TC!

     
  • At November 05, 2007 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i dont think this is weird....mga nakasanayan mo lang na bagay yan dito na nadala mo dyan...or them meybe its weird but to us...nahhhh!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home